Our doctors are associate Professors of Surgery on the faculty of Mercer University School of Medicine and are members of multiple prestigious regional and national medical societies. The physicians have published numerous articles and book chapters and remain actively involved in ongoing clinical research trials.
- Cook – Zilver – Cook Incorporated, a world leader in minimally invasive medical technology with a family of stents and stent-grafts, is sponsoring a clinical trial to test the safety and effectiveness of a new device for treating peripheral arterial disease. The clinical trial uses the Zilver® stent. Cook has coated this stent with paclitaxel and is studying its safety and effectiveness in treating PAD.
- Abbott Vascular – CHOICE – Carotid Stenting for High Surgical Risk Patients; Evaluating Outcomes Through The Collection of Clinical Evidence -The study will also help gather additional and more extensive clinical data to broaden patient access to carotid stenting procedures. Data from CHOICE will also provide a deeper and broader understanding of carotid stenting in international clinical settings.
- Cordis – Sapphire – Stenting and Angioplasty with Protection in Patients at High-Risk for Endarterectomy – SAPPHIRE is the first, longest-term randomized study comparing the safety and efficacy of carotid stenting with embolic protection to those undergoing endarterectomy or surgery in patients considered at a high surgical risk.
- The Flair(TM) Endovascular Stent Graft is indicated to treat stenoses in synthetic arteriovenous bypass grafts. More than 300,000 patients with end-stage renal disease in the United States rely on these bypass grafts to receive hemodialysistreatment. These stenoses are the leading cause of bypass graft malfunction, compromising dialysis quality. Typically, multiple interventions, primarily with balloon angioplasty, are necessary to maintain the patency of bypass grafts over their useful lives.
- Boston Scientifictreatment. – Cabana –
- The Carotid WALLSTENT Endoprosthesis and Filter Wire EZ System is the only carotid artery stent system indicated in the United States for the treatment of certain patients at high risk for surgery with either ipsilateral or bilateral carotid artery disease (blockages in carotid arteries on one or both sides of the neck).